Inspired by Eat, Play, Love’s Honey Mango Prawn Salad (click here about my visit), I have decided to create my own bowl of fresh salad for my wife’s friends who will be paying us a visit. Like the Honey Mango Salad, I will be topping some fresh, sweet and juicy cubes of Thai Honey Mango into my bowl of chilled Summer Salad. Besides that, deshelled cooked prawns and chopped walnuts are also added for some seafood goodness and nutty mouthfeel.
Talking about the Summer Salad, this is a French-inspired salad bowl which is a light and hearty bowl of fresh green vegetables. Normally it is served together with eggs, tuna chunks and anchovies, followed by dressing the fresh greens with vinaigrette. Vinaigrette dressing’s key ingredients are vinegar and olive oil, hence giving that sour and light taste. This vinaigrette dressing is also known as Italian dressing.
Now for the recipe of my Summer Salad With Thai Honey Mango.
Serving size: 4 to 5 persons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1. 20 grams of Butterhead lettuce
2. 20 grams of Lollo Rossa
3. 20 grams of crispy lettuce
4. 20 grams of Frisée
5. 10 grams of Radicchio
6. 1 small Thai Honey Mango
7. 8 fresh large prawns
8. 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
9. 1/2 cup of Italian dressing
10. Some salt and pepper
1. Wash the Butterhead lettuce, Lollo Rossa, crispy lettuce, Frisée and Radicchio.
2. Cut and toss them into a large mixing bowl.
3. Wash the prawns, use a small sharp knife to slit along the middle of the back and remove the expose dark vein.
4. Rinse and put the prawns into boiling water. Allow them to be cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the prawns turn pink and remove them to cool.
5. Peel the prawns, sliced them into halves and topped it onto the salad.
6. Cut the mango into cubes and topped it onto the salad.
7. Lay the chopped walnuts onto the salad.
8. Add the Italian dressing, salt and pepper into the large mixing bowl and mix them well.
9. Keep it chill in the fridge and ready to serve.