While my Mum is enjoying her holiday in China for a week, my wife and I need to plan out the meal ideas for the family. Especially when comes to preparing meals for my fussy boy, I need to come out with dishes which he will enjoy and healthy for him. Since we are Asians, we have rice as our main source of carbohydrates and fiber intakes. To increase our fiber and minerals intakes, Quaker Oats for Rice is a good supplement to add into our daily rice grains when cooking it.
The recipe which I am going to share with you is called the Oat Rice with Black Bean Sauce. Using the rice cooker to prepare, this all-in-one meal is easy for every busy working adults. The main sauce you need to find in the supermarket is the Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic Sauce. Besides the nutty flavor from the oats, the black bean sauce will enhance the fragrance. This recipe goes well with Nonya Achar, a sweet and sour pickled vegetables with a hint of spiciness.
[box type=”shadow”]With every $5 purchase of Quaker products in NTUC Fairprice from 15 Feb to 12 Mar 2016, 20 lucky winners will win a Tiger induction rice cooker worth $709.[/box]
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 3
1. 350 grams of boneless chicken breast, cubes
2. 2 tablespoons of Lee Kum Kee black bean sauce
3. 1 tablespoon of water
4. 1 cup of rice grains, washed
5. 1/2 cup of Quaker Oats for Rice
6. 1 clove of garlic, diced
7. 4 thinly sliced ginger
8. 2 stalk of spring onion, chopped
9. 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
10. 2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
11. A dash of white pepper
1. Add water into the rice cooker with rice grains and Quaker Oats for Rice. Allow it to cook.
2. Marinate the diced chicken breast with a dash of of white pepper. Set it aside.
3. Marinate the diced chicken breast with a dash of of white pepper. Set it aside.
4. Mix the black bean sauce with water well and set it aside.
5. Heat up the pan with the cooking oil. Stir fry the diced garlic and slices of ginger.
6. When the garlic is slightly brown, put the marinated chicken into the pan and stir fry over medium flame.
7. After cooking for about 3 minutes, pour the black bean sauce mixture and dark soy sauce into the pan. Stir fry well.
8. When the chicken cubes are almost cooked, off the flame and set it aside.
9. When the grains in the rice cooker is about 80% ready, pour the ingredients in the pan into the rice cooker. Mix well and allow it to cook till done.
10. You can garnish with some chops of spring onions. Serve warm and enjoy.