Looking for a simple cookie recipe that can create a melt in your mouth feeling? Then, the answer you are looking for is right in this post. Inspired by my wife’s friend, whom she baked for us a box of bite size German butter cookies for our family, putting the first whole cookie into our mouth was quite a shock. It just crumbled into really fine pieces, giving a melt away mouthfeel. So, what is the secret ingredient in the cookies? Well, it was potato starch.
My wife’s friend took the recipe off smallsmallbaker.blogspot.sg and hence in this post, we decided to try the recipe at home and bake the German chocolate marble cookies from this interesting baking blog. The marble outlook design is done by mixing the butter dough and cocoa dough together, forming a swirling effect. The same technique is used in my chocolate and vanilla marble cake recipe post (click here).
Here is the recipe on how to make this melt in your mouth German chocolate marble cookies.
A 2 cm gap is recommended between the marble balls because they will expand during the process of baking.
Serving size: 60 pieces
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
1. 125g of unsalted soften butter
2. 40g of icing sugar
3. 125g of potato starch
4. 80g of plain flour
5. 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1. Using a large mixing bowl, beat the soften butter and icing sugar together till fluffy.
2. Using another bowl, sift the potato starch and plain flour together.
3. Pour the sifted potato starch and plain flour into the mixture of soften butter and icing sugar. Mix well using a spatula.
4. Separate the dough into 2 equal portions.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder into one of the portion and mix well using the spatula.
6. Using your fingers, pinch one butter dough and one cocoa dough and roll it into marble design.
7. Place the completed marble ball onto the baking tray and continue the rest of the dough.
8. With a gap of 2 cm between the marble balls, wet the fork with water and press the balls gently.
9. Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius and bake the marble balls for 15 minutes.
10. Cool before serving and storage.