We all love chicken. Packed with protein, this healthy white meat can be boiled, baked, fried or steamed. Today, I am shaking things up with my baked chicken using my brand new Aztech Silvertone InnoBake Digi-Convection Oven (ACO6638). Yes, I am dropping my old 26L timer knob oven for a 38L digital knob oven.
This recipe is easy to prepare with the ACO6638 oven because of its huge size and mostly importantly, the heating efficiency. Within the oven, there are two large M-shaped stainless steel heating elements located on the top and bottom. Covering the top and bottom, this helps to cook my chicken evenly.
You can use the rotisserie skewer provided in the ACO6638 but I prefer to have more control over the cooking of my chicken, that is to flip it with a pair of stainless steel tongs. If you enjoy the process of watching your food cook or baked in the oven, switch on the inner oven lamp!
I know my brand new 38L convection oven looks modern but what makes it even more modern are the four digital LCD display knobs. Namely Timer Switch, Thermostat Switch for the upper heating element, Thermostat Switch for lower heating element and Function Mode, these knobs indicate precise settings. When the desired temperature has reached, there will be an alert to prompt me to get ready to cook.
Here is my Healthy Baked Chicken recipe using Aztech Silvertone InnoBake Digi-Convection Oven.
Prep Time: 150 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Total Time: 220 minutes
Serving Size: 3-4
- One whole chicken, washed
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1⁄4 of pumpkin, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 11⁄2 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- Dashes of pepper
- Marinate the whole chicken with soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, salt and pepper thoroughly.
- Seal the marinated chicken and place it in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Place the baking sheet onto the baking tray.
- Place the vegetables and chicken onto the baking sheet.
- Set the oven to 200C for the upper heating element, 150C for lower heating element and cooking timer to 70 minutes.
- When the desired temperature has reached, placed the ingredients into the oven.
- Using a pair of stainless tongs, flip the chicken every 15 minutes. Make sure the chicken is not burnt.
- You can use a chopstick to test if the chicken is cooked. If the chopstick can be inserted into the meat easily, it means the chicken is done.
- Cool and serve.