With the ingredients leftover since my last post on the ‘Eggless Tiramisu‘, my wife decided do another version of the Eggless Tiramisu. This time round, she will be using CBTL Irish Creme coffee, a coffee with strong liquor aroma and mild buttery taste. Next, pure cocoa power which I bought from [email protected], a local bakery shop that sells baking ingredients imported from overseas.
By using the Irish Creme coffee instead of normal coffee, it gives a liquor taste in the ladyfingers while the cocoa power adds some bitterness to this dessert.
1. Vicenzi Vicenzovo Ladyfingers (12 pieces)
2. Granarolo Mascarpone (250g)
3. Bulla Thicken Cream (150g)
4. Whittingtons Natural Rum Essence (2 tablespoons)
5. Whittingtons Natural Vanilla Essence (2 tablespoons)
6. Cocoa power (1 tablespoon)
7. CBTL Irish Creme coffee (1/3 cup)
8. 1 teaspoon of sugar
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Ready to be eaten: 4 hours
1. Pour the mascarpone, rum and vanilla essence together in a bowl. Whisk them until creamy and smooth. Fold in the cream.
2. Set medium brew for the CBTL Irish Creme coffee on the coffee machine. Add a heaped teaspoon of sugar.
3. Brush the 12 pieces of ladyfingers with the coffee thoroughly.
4. Arrange 6 pieces of ladyfingers at the bottom layer in the bowl and spoon half of the cream fillings over the ladyfingers. Use a sieve and scoop half tablespoon of cocoa power into it. Sprinkle the cocoa powder evenly on the layer of cream.
5. Repeat placing the final 6 pieces of ladyfingers on top of the cream and scoop the rest of the cream fillings on top of the ladyfingers.
6. Cover the whole cake evenly with cocoa powder using a sieve.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before consumption.