With some uncooked Fettuccine pasta packed in a box found in the kitchen drawer, we have decided to toss all of them into a pot of boiling water, drained them dry and make our very own cold pasta salad dish for the family dinner, which we call it Egg and Bacon Fettuccine Pasta Salad.
This less guilt pasta salad is well mixed with ingredients such as hard boiled eggs, baked bacon and vegetables. Besides adding olive oil into this salad dish as a dressing, you can also topped it with sauces like mayonnaise or some other tangy tasting dressing of your own preference.
Some people might love to add vinegar, but for us, we added freshly squeezed lemon juice for the tangy taste to refreshen up our tastebuds.
Serving size: 3 to 4 persons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1. 200 grams of Fettuccine pasta
2. 10 small cherry tomatoes, cut into half
3. 1 sweet corn
4. 4 slices of bacon
5. 1 small onion, diced into small bits
6. 2 hard boiled eggs, diced into large chunks
7. 1 small cucumber, remove skin and diced them into large chunks
8. 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
9. 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
10. ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
11. Some salt and pepper
12. ½ lemon, squeezed
1. Boil the Fettuccine pasta until it is fully cooked. Drain and set it aside to cool.
2. Steam the sweet corn for 20 minutes until fully cooked. Use a knife to cut the corn kernels and set them aside.
3. Oven baked the slices of bacon for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Easily cut them into chunks using a pair of scissors.
4. Use a large bowl and add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, onions, corn kernels, cucumbers, chunks of bacon and eggs together.
5. Add the olive oil, sesame oil, light soy sauce, salt and pepper into the large bowl. Toss them well evenly.
6. Set the pasta salad in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes or more. Add the squeeze lemon juice into the salad before serving.