The Bread And Butter Pudding, or some may call it Bread Pudding, is an old fashioned dessert which you can find in restaurants and cafes. I rarely have them because of the high sugar content. In this post, I will be sharing the recipe of this dessert a healthier way. Many of the original recipes use slices of white bread, lots of sugar and cream. This time, I am going to replace the white bread with Sunshine Smart-Carb Low GI Bread. I am also going to half the amount of sugar used and will be using Singapore’s number 1 butter in this baking recipe: SCS Butter. Raisins, or sultanas, are also added in this bread pudding for that extra fruity flavour. If you are not a fan of raisins, bananas will work well too. The end result of this recipe is a nutty and not-too-sweet Bread And Butter Pudding. A short video is also included in this post.
Sunshine Smart-Carb Low GI Bread, The Healthier Option
The Sunshine Smart-Carb Low GI Bread is beneficial to our health as it helps to slow down the rate of digestion and absorption. This in return keeps our blood sugar level steady. Besides baking with low sugar, this wholemeal bread is baked with super seeds and grains such as the oats, flax seeds and sunflower seeds. Whether are you diabetic or not, this wholemeal bread is a healthier option for you and your family.
SCS Butter, Every Families Best Kept Baking Secret
For generations, SCS Butter has been a baking ingredient icon. Many people is familar with it’s signature texture and creamy taste. Without any articifial colourings, additives, hormones or preservatives, SCS Butter is made from 100% Australian grass-fed cow’s milk. Therefore, every block of SCS Butter comes with Vitamins A, D, E and K. Since Hari Raya is coming, SCS will be upsizing their Unsalted Butter from 227g to 250g. This is 10% extra during this festive period. Consumers can now also find the limited edition SCS Butter Twin Pack (two blocks of Salted or Unsalted butter) at $7.75 (U.P. $11.30) at all major supermarkets and hypermarkets, only while stocks last.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Serving Size: 3
1. 4 slices of Sunshine Smart-Carb Low GI Bread
2. SCS salted butter
3. 500ml of fresh milk
4. 50grams of sugar
5. 2 eggs
6. A handful of sultanas
1. Spread 2 slices of bread with butter, back and top.
2. Placed the 2 slices of bread at the bottom of the dish and sprinkle the sultanas on top on it. Buttered another 2 slices of bread and place them on top of the sultanas. Top the rest of the sultanas onto the breads.
3. Using a large bowl, add the fresh milk and sugar together. Whisk lightly.
4. Crack the eggs and add them into the milk. Continue to whisk gently to make the egg custard mixture.
5. Pour the egg custard mixture over the prepared bread layers and allow it to soak for at least 10 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven at 190 degree Celsius.
7. Place the dish into the oven baked for 45 minutes, or until the custard top turns golden brown.
8. Cool and enjoy.