This is my first try out on Betty Crocker’s cake mix and it is easy to bake a cake now. Just follow the instructions labelled on the box and you are ready to go.
The Betty Crocker’s cake mix is a gluten free chocolate cake and is known as Devil’s food cake. So what is gluten? It is a protein composite which are commonly found in barley, wheat and other grain related species. Derive from the Latin word which means glue, gluten helps to gives the elasticity to dough and chewy mouthfeel in cakes. Gluten free diet is normally for people with celiac disease, a condition which the lining in the small intestines are damage and unable to absorb parts of food that are important for staying healthy. Unless if the diner had celiac disease or wheat allergy, there is no need to go for gluten free food.
Therefore, gluten free doesn’t mean gluten is bad. In fact, grain food like wheat, barley and oat are good source of fiber. Devil’s food cake are cocoa cakes which are relatively moist and airy and with the strong taste of cocoa, it is not as sweet as chocolate cake.
1. 1 box of Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Cake mix (Devil’s Food Cake)
2. 1/2 cup of butter
3. 3 eggs
4. 1 cup of water
5. Some peanut butter. I am using Adam’s peanut putter creamy and salted.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Ready to be eaten: 1 hour
1. Preheat the baking oven at 175 degrees.
2. Pour the mix, 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of soften butter and 3 eggs together into a big bowl.
3.Whisk them together for 30 minutes until they are all evenly blend together. Pour the batter into a Teflon baking bowl. I am using a 8″x 8″ bowl.
4. Once the temperature is right at 175 degrees, put the bowl in and let it baked for 45 mins. I used a toothpick to check if the cake is fully baked. If it is baked, the toothpick should come out clean or a few crumbs.
5. Allow the cake to be cooled for 15 minutes and spread the top layer with peanut butter. The cake is now ready to be served.