Together with my wife, we are creating an awfully delicious pastry that combines the best of the best ingredients which are easily available in Singapore, and people will definitely love it. Adding my favorite snack, Bak Kwa (the slices of Chinese pork jerky) and my wife’s favorite snack, potato chips, we recreate an all new chocolate brownie. We call it “Bak Kwa Potato Chips Brownie”. Ooohhhhh …..
Serving size: 6 to 8 persons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
1. ½ cup of unsalted butter
2. 1 cup of white sugar
3. 2 eggs
4. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5. 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
6. ½ cup of all purpose flour
7. 1/4 teaspoon of salt
8. 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
9. 1 slice of Bak Kwa
10. 3 handfuls of ridges potato chips
1. Cut the Bak Kwa into small chunks.
2. Grease and flour the square pan and preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
3. Melt the butter using heat and add in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir the mixture.
4. Add in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and the prepared Bak Kwa. Mix them evenly and spread them into the prepared pan.
5. Crushed the potato chips and topped them over the mixture.
6. Baked the mixture for 25 to 30 minutes.
Besides being rich in cocoa taste for the brownie, the Bak Kwa and potato chips goes hand-in-hand together very well. The Bak Kwa gave that sweet and chewy mouthfeel while the potato chips gave that saltish taste. When I got my first taste of our creation, my first thought of the Bak Kwa Potato Chips Brownie was “this creation taste heavenly.”