Did you know that many of the household cleaning products found on the market contain carcinogens such as naphthalene, methylene chloride, nitrobenzene, and formaldehyde? Sometimes, toxic chemicals such as chloroform and toluene are not listed on the label and that’s really scary. These poisonous chemicals have been found to link to major health problems such as hormone disruption, asthma, allergies, reproductive problems and neurological problems. After watching The Human Experiment on Netflix, it makes me wonder how safe are our household cleaning products sold on the market.
From California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) website, they have listed down all the toxic chemicals and their known side effects on the Proposition 65 list. These chemicals caused harm to our body over a long period of time. To begin with, here are the 7 deadly chemicals commonly found in your household cleaning products:
- CHLOROFORM is used to cause people to be unconscious. Also a carcinogen, Chloroform is a reproductive toxin and neurotoxin allergen.
- FORMALDEHYDE is found to cause cancer under the CA law. Studies also have shown that formaldehyde is a reproductive toxin, asthmagen and allergen.
- 1-CHLORO-2,3-EPOXYPROPANE is a petroleum based chemical known to cause problems to the human immune system by the National Library of Medicine of the NIH. Under the Proposition 65, there is strong evidence that it caused problems to reproductive systems. It is also known to be a human respiratory toxin by the EPA.
- TOLUENE is a carcinogen, reproductive toxin, and neurotoxin allergen.
- ACETALDEHYDE is known as a carcinogen under the Proposition 65 law. It is also known to cause human respiratory problems according to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- N-ETHYL-N-NITROSO-ETHANAMINE is a probable human carcinogen under the EPA Toxic Release Inventory.
- BENZENE is also a carcinogen that is linked to leukemia in children, reproductive problems, and neurological problems.
bio-home by Lam Soon
If reading the above chemicals bring a chill to your spine, then you might want to consider an eco-friendly cleaning solution which is safe for your home and our environment. Using only plant-derived active ingredients which are biodegradable, Lam Soon offers a new series of eco-friendly cleaning solutions named bio-home. These cleaning solutions include dishwasher liquid, kitchen cleaner, multi-surface cleaner, floor cleaner, laundry detergent and laundry detergent delicate.
Today, many fragrances found in products such as perfume and hair spray contains phthalates (pronounced “thah-lates”). Phthalates are commonly used to lubricant other substances or make plastics more durable. Long-term exposure to phthalates has possibly lead to infertility and anatomical abnormalities. You can rest assured as bio-home uses phthalate-free fragrance such as lemongrass & green tea and lavender & bergamot.
The secret of breaking down stains and preventing odour during indoor drying is the use of Bio-Enzyme. This enzyme is naturally biodegradable, environmentally friendly and does not leave any chemicals behind after cleaning. Dermatologically tested and pH-balanced, the bio-home cleaning solutions are tough on dirt and stains but gentle on our hands. This makes it safe for pets, babies, and people with sensitive skin.
With Lam Soon’s bio-home, you can #protectmyfuture with non-toxic, biodegradable and free from harmful chemicals household cleaning products. Don’t expose yourself and your loved ones to toxins that may cause a serious health problem in the future. To know more about bio-home, you can visit their website at http://biohomecares.com.